I Want To Be A Kid Again!
I want to be a kid again. I want to go back to the time when:
* War was a card game.
* Being old referred to anyone over 20.
* Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better.
* Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-mo catch a robber by the toe...."
* Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming - "Do over!"
* Money issues were handled by whomever was the banker in "Monopoly."
* Catching fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening.
* The net on a tennis court was the perfect height to play volleyball and rules didn't matter.
* It was magic when dad would "remove" his thumb.
* It was "unbelievable" that dodgeball wasn't an Olympic event.
* Having a weapon in school meant being caught with a slingshot.
* It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the "big people" rides at the amusement park.
* Saturday morning cartoons weren't 30-minute ads for action figures.
* "Oly-oly-oxen-free" made perfect sense.
* Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles.
* The worst embarrassment in life, was being picked last for a team.
* Water balloons were the "ultimate weapon".
* Taking drugs meant orange-flavored chewable aspirin.
* Ice cream was considered a basic food group.
* Nobody was prettier than Mom.
* Everyone went to
church on Sunday, and God went to school every day.