Rogers, who died in a plane crash with Wylie Post in 1935,
was probably the greatest political sage this country has
Here are some of his quotes:
1. Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
3. There are 2 theories to arguing with a woman...neither
4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5. Always drink upstream from the herd.
6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
7. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and
put it back in your pocket.
8. There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence.
9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that
comes from bad judgment.
10. If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back
every now and then to make sure it's still there.
11. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n
puttin' it back.
12. AND FINALLY: After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion
felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter
came along and shot him...
The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
AND, ABOUT GROWING OLDER............
Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about
your age and start bragging about it.
The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want
people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled
a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth,
think of Algebra.
You know you are getting old when every thing either dries
up or leaks.
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the
One of the many things no one tells you about aging is
that it is such a nice change from being young.
One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has
Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable.
Long ago when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf.
And finally, If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't
have anything to laugh at when you are old.